Japanese Fried Tofu in Dashi (Agedashi Tofu)
A popular appetizer at Japanese and Izakaya restaurants, Dashi Fried Tofu (Agedashi Tofu 揚げ出し豆腐) is deep-fried tofu served in a flavorful tsuyu sauce with grated radish, spring onion, and tuna flakes for coating. If you don’t mind deep frying, this tofu dish is super easy to make at home.
Simple and easy-to-find ingredients such as tofu, soft tofu, vegetables, and flours.
Dashi Lab’s Premium Happo Dashi (Dark Type) or Premium Shira Dashi Broth (Light Type) can be combined with a variety of ingredients to create the richness and depth of the traditional flavors of Agedashi Tofu.
(For 4 people)
- Tofu (or soft tofu if you are an experienced cook) 1 box
- Wheat/ Potato/ Corn Flour 4 teaspoon
- Cooking oil Suitable amount
- Happo Dashi or Shira Dashi 20g
- Water 100g
- White radish 50g
- Ginger 30g
- Spring Onion 50g
- Japanese Bonito Flakes (optional( 3g
- Prepare tofu: Use kitchen paper towels to wrap tofu (3-4 layers). Place another plate on top of the tofu. Let stand for 15 minutes to drain the tofu. Cut the soaked tofu into 8 or 16 pieces, depending on your preference.
- Prepare vegetables: Peel, grate white radish and ginger. Chop the spring onion into small slices.
- Make the sauce: Mix Happo Dashi / Shira Dashiand Water in the desired ratio (depending on your preference of saltiness).
- Heat oil to 175℃. Coat the tofu with flour, then place in the deep fryer until golden brown. Remove the fried tofu and pat dry with oil.
- Arrange the tofu in a bowl, drizzle the sauce gently around to avoid softening the tofu. Garnish with grated radish and ginger and tuna flakes.
📍 ORDER NOW:
◼️ Inbox: m.me/dashilabvietnam
◼️ Website: dashilabvn.com
◼️ Hotline: 0931 858 944 (Zalo)
📍 SHOP AT ECOMMERCE SITES:
◼️ Shopee: https://shp.ee/n4ryc4y
◼️ TiKi: tiki.vn/cua-hang/dashi-lab